International Students

 Study Permits for foreign students

Immigration-study permit:

You do not need a study permit if you plan to take a course or program in Canada that lasts six months or less. You must complete the course or program within the period authorized for your stay in Canada.

Please note: For a PPL it is easy to complete the course within 6 months with daily dedication to flight lessons and ground school.

US citizens can obtain their licence in Canada and have it recognized by the FAA. Upon returning to the US, a written exam on aviation law and communications is all that’s required for the PPL. Check out the FAA guide for more details. Now is the time to take advantage of the currency rate and save thousands in training costs.


Accommodations are close by, just down the road from the flight school. You can stay right on the airport within walking distance to the beach of Skaha Lake and cool off after a hot day training in our plane. Combine a vacation in the beautiful Okanagan with learning to fly. It doesn’t get much better than that!

For more information about accommodations and rates please contact:

Skaha Lake Airport Inn & Suites
3680 Airport Rd

Send Email
3390 Airport Road, Penticton, BC,
V2A 8X1, Canada